Vacancy: Carpenter Foreman
Posted: 9-04-2020, 00:30
Since 1947, Crowder has built a legacy of success in the construction industry. We work throughout the Southeast on heavy construction infrastructure projects ranging from bridges, dams, water and waste water treatment facilities, power plants and other energy facilities. We are a general contractor who self performs civil, electrical and mechanical trades on both traditional and more complex alternative delivery projects.
As a family-owned company, it is the spirit of not only doing the right things, but doing things the right way that is the true legacy of our founders and our people. Crowder is Building America and Proud of It® as reflected in our Mission Statement:
We are dedicated to superior performance and committed to making a positive difference for our clients, for our communities, and in the lives of our employees.
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, with a company committed to your future, apply today.
CROWDER IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER
Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craftworkers:
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required)
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools)
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities)
Primary function: Lead craft workers and helpers to form footers, columns, walls, slabs and supported slabs. Read plans, shoot grade, and help pour concrete.
- Study blueprints, sketches, and/or building plans for information.
- Select specified type of lumber or other materials.
- Prepare layout using rule and framing square.
- Supervise cutting and assembly lines of materials using pencils, chalk, and a marking gauge.
- Shape materials to prescribed measurements using saws, chisels, and planes.
- Supervise the construction of forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
- Make decisions to use built-in-place or prefabricated wooden forms.
- Study blueprints and diagrams to determine type and dimension of forms to be constructed.
- Inspect the erection of built-in-place forms or assemble and install prefabricated forms on a construction site.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must have 5 years in construction field.Work within precise standards of accuracy.
- Look at flat drawings or pictures and understand how they look as solid objects.
- Follow oral and written directions, plans, and blueprints.
- Must be able to break a job down into activities and plan to staff the job.
- Must be able to fill out Pre-Task Planning sheets to ensure jobsite safety.
At the heart of Crowder s Mission Statement is the commitment to make a positive difference in the lives of our employees. Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
- Direct Deposit
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment