Stella-Jones is seeking a qualified Framer for our Cameron, WI plant. Regular duties include inspection, cleaning, measuring, cutting and drilling as directed. The work is outdoors in all weather conditions. Position is Monday - Friday, 7am-3:30pm, may require overtime and/or weekend hours.
- Inspects and verifies quality and classification of all round stock to ANSI, ASTM or Corporate standards.
- Operates hand and framing tools to cut, drill, gain, brand, tag, clean and prepare poles for treatment.
- Documents and reports material processed.
- Maintains tools, equipment, supplies and work area.
- Assists in inspection of all round stock products.
- Assists in receipt of materials, tallying, identification, records and information.
- Assists in operation of full length and deep incisor as required.
- Operates pole tag machine to manufacture aluminum tags as required
- Participates and contributes to company safety program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Able to read blueprints and specifications
- Able to learn and acquire new skills
- Experience utilizing hand tools-drills, gainers, peaveys, chainsaws, hammers etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Knowledge of wood products and defects
- Annual bonus program opportunity
- Comprehensive benefits plans including
- 3 different medical plans to choose from
- Company paid dental and vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
- Company paid long term disability benefits
- 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
- Robust employee assistance program
- Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
- 9 paid holidays each year
- 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
- Paid sick hours and personal hours
About the Company:
Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also manufactures and distributes residential lumber and accessories to retailers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products. The Company's common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: SJ).
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled