Vacancy: Lead Contractor / Carpenter
Experience: 7-10 years
Posted: 17-04-2020, 19:31
We're Growing and You Can Help! COR Improvements LLC is creating an opportunity for a Full-Time Lead Contractor/Carpenter in the Greater Milwaukee, WI area.
With continued client growth, COR Improvements needs your help to fulfill our vision of becoming the premier remodeling service provider in Wisconsin. Would you like to join a small, enthusiastic team whose mission is to create outstanding relationships in the construction industry? Where there is plenty of opportunity for career growth and advancement? Where your passion, skills, experience, and persistence will be appreciated and well rewarded?
Ideal candidates are described as self-starters, responsible and persistent, with a methodical approach to work. You are a team player, goal-orientated, love variety in your day, enjoy a fast-paced environment and work effectively with little oversight. Your leadership skills should be apparent as you direct and drive our team through proactive problem solving and plenty of thinking "outside the box".
IF this sounds like YOU -
IF you have the drive and passion for success -
We want to hear from you! Please submit an application with your resume today!
Compensation: up to $25/hour based on experience
Experience: 7-10 years
Job Purpose: As Lead Contractor, you will be responsible for ensuring proper efficiencies applicable to all construction and project related tasks. This position supports and works with all levels of associates throughout the company, as well as outside vendors, partners, and sub-contractors to accomplish successful project completion.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High school diploma
- 7-10 years’ experience in commercial & residential construction
- Construction supervisory experience
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Knowledge and experience in General Remodeling
- All phases of carpentry
- Drywall work
- Painting and finishing
- Tile work
- Reading & interpreting plans
- Ensure company and customer satisfaction through professional appearance, expertise, and polite communication
- Attend all company/client meetings approved by Supervisor
- Create anticipated project schedule in advance of project commencement, and adjust the schedule as needed based on circumstantial realities.
- Advise subcontractors of proposed schedule and verify and confirm material lead times and purchase orders as needed to maintain the schedule.
- Inform supervisor daily of project progress, including customer concerns, problems, delays, etc.
- Supervise the activities of the company’s field carpenters and/or independent subcontractors, which include oral and written communication
- Be responsible for efficient and profitable use of the company’s time, manpower and materials on each project as included in project
- Train apprentices and teach different tasks