Vacancy: Carpenter (Full Time)
Posted: 5-08-2020, 03:37
ProVantage Corporate Solutions is a Retail Service Organization (RSO) that specializes in retail services, such as new store set up of fixtures, signage, and merchandise, remodels, merchandising services, and new product rollouts, is now hiring Carpenters.
What you will be doing
Our carpentersperform skilled work involving rough and finished carpentry, steel rack assembly and anchoring for retail stores nationwide. Attention to detail, ability to work on a team and a positive attitude are a MUST!
- You are dedicated to supporting a safe working environment.
- You understand the value of teamwork, exude a positive attitude and sustain a contagious energy throughout the entire shift.
- You lead by examplewith a grace of authority, maintaining respect, dignity, and compassion for everyone.
- You are always learning! You are proactive in seeking out education, training, growing your perspective and take pride in your work.
- You love checklists. You like to stay busy, balance priorities and utilize your organizational skills.
- You understand retail is an ever-changing industry and remain flexible
- Communicate clearly and proactively to teammates to ensure timely completion of duties. Report issues through chain of command, especially those affecting costs.
- General math and problem-solving skills.
- Read and interpret work orders to perform required merchandising activities, fixture installations (Plan-O-Gram and Modular setting) per instructions.
- Reliable transportation to all project locations.
- Own and demonstrate safe usage of carpentry tools. For example screwdrivers, open-end wrenches, framing hammer, speed square, cordless drill/impact driver, circular saw (corded or cordless), dead blow hammer, pliers, tape measure, and level.
- Must own steel toe boots/OSHA certified safety shoes.
- Must be able to bend, walk/stand for 8 hours or more and team lift 70lbs overhead.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Retail experience with a full understanding of concepts, practices, and procedures in commercial retail merchandising projects – preferred, but not required.
- Experience in blueprint reading, layout, framing, drywall, running base & crown, and other general carpentry work.
What we stand for
What you do matters. Experience ProVantage’s employee-first culture where you are appreciated, valued, and empowered to work together for a higher purpose living out our five core Company Values:
- Spirit of Excellence
- Doing the right thing
- Innovate to Elevate
- We before Me
- Grace through Generosity